31 Mar Lynx Touch: Top 15 Most Frequently Asked Questions
Congrats you have a Lynx Touch, and you found our blog post where we can help answer some of your questions. It is a fairly easy intuitive keypad and alarm system since it has a nice touchscreen with lots of information and graphic menus.
Let’s run through the top 15 most frequently asked questions about the Lynx Touch, so you can learn more about this security system and its features.
1 – How Many Types of Protection Are There?
Depending on the configuration of your system, the Lynx Touch offers 3 types of protection:
2 – What Types of Burglary Protection Are Available?
The 2 types of burglary modes available are:
You should use this mode when you are staying home, but expecting someone to use the entrance door later.
Use this mode when you are leaving the premises and no one will be staying.
3 – What Exactly Are Zones?
The sensing devices that your system uses are assigned to protect certain zones within your premises.
For example, the sensing device on your entry or exit door may be assigned to a specific zone, while the sensing devices on the windows in your guest bedroom may be assigned to a separate zone.
These numbers appear on the display when an alarm or trouble condition occurs.
4 – Why Would I Want to Bypass Zones And How Can I?
You can use the bypass feature when you want to arm your system while leaving certain areas of your premises unarmed.
For example, if you are home and want to have your entryway armed, but not your upstairs, you can bypass the desired zone, so you don’t set off any alarms as you move around inside.
Here’s How You Bypass A Zone:
1. With the system in the disarmed state, select the “Zones” icon. The system displays the Zones/Bypass screen.
2. Select the zone(s) that you wish to bypass and then select “Bypass” OR if programmed, the “Bypass All Faulted” button allows you to bypass all faulted zones (excluding Panic, Fire or CO zones). The system displays a keypad.
3. Enter a valid code. The system returns to the Bypass screen and the zone(s) that are bypassed will be displayed.
4. Select the 2 icon to return to the home screen.
5. Arm the system normally.
5 – How Can I Activate Fire or Carbon Monoxide Detection?
6 – How Do I Know If I’ve Properly Armed My Lynx Touch System In Away Or Stay Mode?
You will know if you’ve properly armed your system because the LED will be lit up in a red color.
7 – How Can I Disarm My Lynx Touch System?
It’s easy to disarm your system! Just select the “Disarm” icon or the “Off” key.
You’ll then need to enter a valid code. The system will beep once and announce “Disarmed Ready to Arm”.
8 – How Will I Know Where the Problem Area Is When An Alarm Sounds?
When an alarm has occurred, the touchscreen will actually display the zone number(s) that caused the alarm and the type of alarm, like a “Fire Alarm” for example. These messages on the display will remain there until they have been cleared.
9 – What Is Chime Mode?
Your Lynx Touch system can be set to make an audible alert when a door is opened.This is a great way to keep a tab on who is entering or leaving your house, especially if you have little ones.
10 – How Do I Activate Chime Mode?
Activating your system’s Chime Mode is simple, just follow these steps:
With the system in the disarmed or armed state, select the “Settings” icon from the second page of the Home Screen. The system displays the Setting screen.
Select the “Chime” icon. The system will toggle between “Off” and “On”. When “On” is selected, the Chime mode will be active.
3. Select the “Save” button to save your new settings.
11 – What Is a Babysitter Code?
A babysitter code can be used to arm the system, but cannot disarm the system unless the system was armed with the same code.
This code is typically assigned to someone (such as a babysitter) who needs to arm/disarm the system only at certain times.
12 – What Is a Duress Code?
This feature is intended for use when you are forced to disarm or arm the system under threat. When used, the system will act normally, but can silently notify the alarm monitoring company of your situation, if that service has been provided. The Duress Code is useful only when the system is connected to an alarm monitoring company.
13 – My Day and Time Got Messed Up. How Do I Reset Them?
To set the date and time, you must first disarm your system, then follow these instructions:
1. With the system in the disarmed state, select the “Tools” icon from the second page of the Home Screen. The system displays the Keypad screen.
2. Enter your 4-digit Master User Code. The system displays the Master User programming screen.
3. Select the “Date Time” icon. The Calendar screen will appear.
4. Select the correct month by using the “<” and “>” arrow symbols
5. Select the correct year by using the “<” and “>” arrow symbols.
6. Select the correct day on the calendar.
7. When you have finished select the “V” icon. The system advances to the time screen.
8. If the displayed time is not correct, select “Clear” then enter the correct time (4 digits) on the keypad and select AM or PM.
9. When you have finished select the “V” icon. The system advances to the next screen OR proceed to step 17.
10. Select “Time Zone”. The system scrolls between through the following options:
11. Select “Day Light Savings Time”. The system toggles between “Yes” and “No”.
12. Select “Start Month”. The system displays a calendar. Select the correct month.
13. Select “Start Week”. The system will toggle between: Second Third Fourth First
14. Select “End Month”. The system displays a calendar. Select the correct month.
15. Select “End Week”. The system will toggle between: First Second Third Fourth
16. When you are finished select the “Save” key. The system returns to the Master User program screen.
14 – How Can I Adjust the Volume Level of the Status Beeps Or System Announcements?
1. With the system in the disarmed or armed state, select the “Settings” icon from the second page of the Home Screen. The system displays the Settings screen.
2. Increase or decrease the Display Brightness or Contrast or the System Volume by using the sliding adjustment from left (decrease) to right (increase).
3. Turn On or Off the Voice, Chime or telephone Ringer by selecting the appropriate icon. The system toggles between “On” and “Off”.
4. Select “Save” when you are finished. The system returns to the second page of the Home Screen.
15 – How Often Should I Test My System?
You should be testing your Lynx Touch system weekly.
Wrapping It Up
The Lynx Touch system is an incredible way to protect the ones you love. If you are looking to get this touch system, simply click here.
If you have any other questions that we didn’t answer, you can refer to the user manual or comment and ask us a question below!